Monday, April 27, 2009

Recent CT results and some ramblings.....

It's been WAY too long since I came to update here. Things have been going really well....mom has been in remission for the last 2 months and doing just what the doctor ordered. Living each day to the fullest! We took a trip to the beach a few weeks ago and I'll tell ya....that was one of the very best trips I've ever taken to the beach....we had an absolute BLAST! I just love spending time with her....she is SO fun!
Last week was CT week....just a routine CT to make sure everything is staying in check, Dr. Madden wants to stay on top of things and is doing just as he said. Today we went in for the results and he had good and bad news. The good news is that the CT of the abdomen still looks excellent. He's been very concerned about her liver since day one and so far so good. It looks great!
The bad news is that there is some change in her lung/chest area. There is some recurrance of the cancer in the left hilar region of her lungs....pretty much in her middle chest area. It is very small at this point and he thinks they are cancerous lymph nodes and again, they are very small. The largest being around a half an inch. He mentioned doing radiation to zap the one area but of course there is always the concern of other areas being involved and just not showing up on the scan yet so chemo is definately an option because of the systemic benefits. He is going to talk with the radiologist, think over how he wants to tackle this and then contact her back int he next day or two. Right now it is leaning more toward a couple or three more rounds of chemo to nip this right in the butt.
Dr. Madden is concerned about this but as he said....it is not a great concern at this point. Mom's body responds well to chemo and he has no doubt that this will react the same way. He will switch up her chemo drugs a bit (if that is the route he chooses to take with her) to make sure that the cancer doesn't become resistant to the chemotherapy.
Anyway....that is all the update for now. I will keep everyone informed on what he decided to do, as soon as we hear something.
Until next time!
Love to all!
Jeannie

Here is a pic of me and mom during our beach trip! :) Fun times!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love You Jeannie . You are so good at doing my up-dates . Thank - You so much . She is right "OUR" beach trip was awesome . Much better then any "BIKE WEEK " that I had been too !!!!!!!!!
Jo-Anne

monica said...

I'm sorry I didn't know until today that there was anything to be concerned about. I wish you all the best with this new setback. It's good that you staying focused on your check-ups, and that you're catching things right away. I'll keep checking the blog and waiting for the good news that I'm sure will come!
Love,
Monica

Unknown said...

Jo-Anne~ I know that the results weren't exactly what everyone was hoping for, but I am glad that things look treatable and you can still go out and kick some cancer butt!! You are such a strong woman with a great support system and I have no doubts in my mind that you will beat this beast...keep your head held high, stay strong and positive and know that I, along with many others are praying for you daily!!
Stacie