Monday, June 8, 2009

Its been awhile

Hello everyone . It sure has been awhile since I have been here. I just thought I'd drop in and let everyone know whats up
Since I was here last I believe I had had 2 out of 3 chemo's for that cycle , Welllllll It turned into a really rough 3 weeks . From May 5 th my body just went to hell . Chemo 5th , 6th , & 7th . I had to go back in on the 7th for my shot & a few hours of fluids . I was sick as hell all week-end , lost 13 pounds ( & didn't want to lol ) Went back in Monday & Tuesday for fluids . Well on Wendsday my fever went up really fast so it was to the ER for me . Of course I was admitted for a week . I had a .5 white cell count , so basically none . I got out on the 20th & I was ready . I was suppose to start chemo back again on the 26th BUT they postponed it a week because I had been so sick . It did give me a GOOD week tho so YAY !!!!!!!!
I started cycle 2 on June 2nd . They cut the Cisplatin down some which really seems to have helped . If I have to go an extra cycle thats ok with me . I just do not want to get that sick again.
The week was pretty good fluids w/ the chemo , then back in on Friday for the shot & fluids . I got to bring a weekend back pack home with me . 2 - 10 hour bags . It kept my weight up good & hydrated really well ( along with a bag of popsicles lol)
Today I went back in for labs EVERYTHING is GOOD. I did not have to have fluids , They say what I am doing is really good. : ) I have to watch my weight daily tho for any great loss, if it happens I have to go back for fluids .
This is the biggest fight of my life & its not easy . My family & friends are the greatest. People who don't even know me are such a big part of my fight . My husband is WOW !!!!! My daughter is my best friend, she is a terrific person . A beautiful woman , a great momma, I love her sooooo much . My grandkids are such a blessing to me . I just love looking at them , hugging them , kissing them , & can ya tell I'm granny , gigee. My nieces are super special too. I just LOVE the little people in my life , that come to visit & show me UNCONDITIONAL love . There hugs and kisses mean so very very much to me .
I'm sure I have a bunch of goofs on here BUT I wanted to just say hey !!!!!
Thank-you again to everyone for all the thoughts , prayers , loves & hugs .
My love & hugs back to you all

2 comments:

monica said...

I'm so sorry that you have gone though such hell. I hope the worst is over, and that you'll soon be totally cancer free.
I'm on vacation until July. I'm planning to spend some time with my loved ones. I just hope their schedules free up a little so I can do that. You are right. There's nothing like the little ones to brighten your day!
Love,
Monica

monica said...

Everyone is going to miss you so much. i have such cute memories of you. You always had so much charisma.People just had to like you. I can still see you in my yard doing that silly little song & dance from Viet Nam. Be a peace.