Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can't sleep !!

Good Morning every one. Its 3:50 A.M., I can't sleep . I have been up & down since 12:30.
This new chemo is kicking my butt. Its called Cisplatin, along with it I'm getting Toposar ((VP-16), which I was on before.
The 1st day went into about 7 hours ,2nd day almost 5 hours .We'll see what today brings .
There is a real good chance ( the hair I did grow back ) could be leaving me again. ( boohoo)
He told me he may only have to do 3 rounds of chemo , but the infusion lab has me down for 6, , but thats ok , All long as it gets this BEAST back out of me . Because of the cisplatin, even on my 2 weeks off from chemo ,I still have to go in on those Tuesdays because I have to have blood work done . Cisplatin can mess with your kidneys ,and other things , I'm glad of it tho because it will keep a constant watch on my white cell count , platelets , & so on & so on .
Thank - You everyone for still keeping up with my blog . I love hearing from everyone & REALLY do appreciate , all the loves and prayers

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

Love you, Mom!
Chemo may have you feeling down right now but before long you'll be back on your feet again trying to get away with doing my laundry *chuckle*.
(((hugs)))
~Bean

monica said...

Dear Joanne,
You have such a great attitude. I know it will get you through this battle like the last one.
I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! Jeannie & you have a very special relationship. She is amazing.
Love,
Monica

Loisann said...

Hi Jo Well I found it Thinking about you happy Mothers day Love Terry & loisann

Unknown said...

I am sorry the chemo is making you sick Jo! Stay strong and know I am always praying for you!! Let your beautiful daughter take good care of you!!! {{Hugs}}

Stacie