Friday, January 9, 2009

Alot of the reason for this blog about me



Yes this sign is on my back door, and not an ashtray to be seen once you are inside. Anyone who knows me knows I always said that would never happen in my home , guess the old saying is right never say never because you never know.
The other pic is just what Jeannie said it was its a reminder of my fight . I know that the good lord has given me a 2nd chance at life ,because I made it threw to Thanksgiving. I don't believe they had to much hope that I would. So ... This fight is between me and the devil ( cigarettes). In my mind I think that because I made it threw that bad time , that if I do light up a cigarette the good lord is going to say , "I gave you a chance you blew it , you let the devil win" and poof I'll be gone because I will choke to death on that puff I obviously just had to have. So what you are seeing in that pic sits on my entertainment center so I am always seeing it . I also keep an open pack with a lighter in my purse , I take it out sometimes open it smell it even have taken the lighter out , but then I put it right back again . LOL
I have had long hair for years and when I knew I had to go threw chemo I knew my braid had to be cut off . Thats what you see hanging with the beads on it , I wore it for dang near 18 years ( it hung down the left side of my head) Well Jeannie hated it was always hoping someone would cut it off me , Well I told her she had to do it of course then she didn't want to lol . Well she had Derrick and Shea with her so I told her all 3 of them could take a cut at it . Oh the gleam in Sheas eyes really scared me , she was ready . LOL Anyways Derrick had his snip and Jeannie finished it off (I believe she had the last cut , rough days back then bad memory)
Hope this was not to boring . Jeannie is much better at this stuff then me. I hope my pics come out ok . I'll find out in a minute .
I want to thank everyone again so much for all the thoughts and prayers. One of us will repost after the 16th to update Dr. Madden's visit and ct results.

4 comments:

monica said...

It's good that you have these reminders around to help you in your resolve to not smoke. Your positive attitude is amazing to me. I'm sure I wouldn't have the courage to face this so gracefully.
Love,
Monica

Loisann said...

Hi Jo Just stopping By to tell you Your In our Prayers and I hope Everything is Good News Friday Loisann

Anonymous said...

well jo I have worn my braid right along with you now for several years. I miss going out and buying beads with you and sharing them as we always did, but you know what I always wore mine on the right side but from now on when i buy beads(have not done that in a while) I'm still gonna share them with ya cause you still got ya old braid and ya gonna grow a new one. I love ya jo and always will.I'm sitting here waiting to here your results.THAT BEAST WILL NOT BEAT YOU CAUSE HIS HORNS IS CHOKING ON YOUR BRAID.love ya DEBB DEW p.s. my word verification for blog was"twisted" imagine that!!!

Unknown said...

Jo~
I haven't been by in awhile I am sorry! I hope you had a nice holiday! It sounds like you had a nice holiday and it sounds like you are doing well!! The pictures are great! They represent who you are, where you have been, where you are going and what you are fighting! I will continue to pray for you as always!!! You are an amazing woman and keep fighting! You have a lot to live for! :-)