Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Late Monday Night

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2008 12:05 AM, EST

Well, I just got home from the hospital. Tonight I had a good visit. Mom was worried that her hair was starting to fall out and I reassured her when I brushed it that it was still hanging in there. I powdered her back and scratched it a little and she really seemed to enjoy that too. I was afraid that the powder smell would make her nauseous but she tolerated it well. Yesterday she informed me that I was making her smell too clean with the powder lol. Gotta love her sense of humor!
I talked a bit to the nurse and she said that her temp has fallen back down into normal range. They have her on 3 different antibiotics to try to get rid of whatever type of infection she has going on. Right now it looks like the pnuemonia is the culprit. I guess her x-rays still aren't looking that great but we will see when we talk to the doc.
Her cough seemed to be under control for a couple of days but tonight she was hacking a pretty good bit again. I have a feeling it is probably all related.
She still isn't eating. I told her tonight she had to start eating something to build up her energy for the next round of chemo...whenever that may be. She just doesn't seem interested in any food. I really don't blame her but I will keep on bugging her about it. Who knows...one of these days she might say, "ok...yea, I'll eat that!".
I'll try to update more as get more info.

No comments: