Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sleepover last night!

Yep! We had a sleepover at the hospital last night! :-) I brought grapes, apples and pretzels....sounds good right? Well, I forgot that mom is on a clear liquid diet until they find out what is going on withher stomach. They are doing a gastroesophageal duodonoscopy today to try to find out why her food isn't moving the way is should. So...I was nothing more then a tease coming in last night with grapes the size of small plums. Mom's mouth was watering just at the sight of them. I left a large container of them in the freezer for her for today when she can eat again. I'm hoping that she enjoys them and they taste as good as they look.
The doctor has her on an appetite stimulant as well as prednisone and both seem to be working well on increasing her appetite. The only problem now is that the food is just sitting on her stomach and not really going anywhere. They realized this the other day when they did the radioactive eggs test. Mom said that she thought she was glowing that night after eating them things (kidding of course lol).
We are hoping to have her home by Thanksgiving. Dr. Madden says that they wont keep her in the hospital for the second round of chemo as long as she is able to eat. Keep your fingers crossed that the scope that she gets today goes well and we can pinpoint what the problem is (and of course that it is an easy fix).

Here is a pic of us from last night! Doesn't she look great?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I am a friend of Jeannie's from Circle of Friends; and I just wanted to tell you I think of you often! I hope the tests went well today and you are able to go home and spend a nice quiet thanksgiving at home with everyone! Lots of hugs, love and prayers!! Stacie

Anonymous said...

HEY GIRLFRIEND,IT WAS SO GREAT TALKING TO YOU YESTERDAY. YOU SOUNDED SO GOOD. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU AND HOPE YOU GET TO GO HOME FOR TURKEY DAY. TELL EVERYBODY HEY AND I HOPE TO BE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN REAL SOON. JEANNIE,WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE GIVE ME A CALL AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR KEEPING ME UPDATED WITH THIS BLOG. HOPE YOU AND YOURS HAVE A BLESSED AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING. LOVE YA AUNT MARGARET

Anonymous said...

hi girl hope the test went well put you on church prayer list this morning love ya gal Loisann

1/2 Dozen said...

Hi Aunt Jo
Sorry I missed your call. I just wanted to say we love ya and your in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo,
I really enjoyed our visit, it was so good to see you looking and feeling better, Hope you got some solids today! Jeannie you are an angel for creating this blog. Hope everything goes well and you will be home with the family for Thanksgiving!!
Love Ya,
Barbara