Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wednesday, November 26

Hello all! :-)

No news on the MRI yet. They say, "No news is good news", right?
Mom is starting chemo again today and TPN.
Total parenteral nutrition (TPN), is the practice of feeding a person intravenously, bypassing the usual process of eating and digestion. The person receives nutritional formulas containing salts, glucose, amino acids, lipids and added vitamins.

Hopefully that TPN can help her to gain some of her strength back. It is a temporary solution....she will continue trying to eat real food and will hopefully be getting a majority of her nutrition from food very soon.

We went to visit briefly this morning. The kids were out of school today so I took the girls with me. We had a really good visit. Mom didn't have a headache this morning. She's been wearing those terry cloth hats to bed and waking up with a headache so she decided to leave it off last night...low and behold, no headache this morning. She may have just been on to something!
Anyway, of course I got a few picture of her and the girls this morning and she told me I could share them on here with everyone.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww those pictures are precious Jeannie! I am so glad you and the kids got over to see your mom!!

Jo, stay strong!! I will be checking back to see what the MRI results are. In the meantime I will keep praying they are good. And yay for no headaches today! That helps make things a little better I am sure. Well that and seeing your BEAUTIFUL grand daughters!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo Just checking in to see how things are going and to let you know we are thinking about you
hope those headaches stay gone . Loisann really sweet pictures

Anonymous said...

hey cutie, whats up? there is no way my head would look that good...your pulling it off pretty well.hope your feeling better.jeannie said you read these at night. sent you an e-mail a while back but ill just write you on here from now on...well ash is boring holes in me even though i paid for the computer and internet...imagine that....well i love you very much and hope to see you soon....love andie

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Aunt Joanne. Judging by the pictures, it looks like you are definetly fighting the beast and winning. You look great. I will give you a call over the weekend. But right now, I have Hunter trying to cook his stuffed animals telling me he is cooking thanksgiving dinner for mommy and daddy, so I have to keep a close watch. I dont want to be eating a stuffed curios george today.
Our prayers are with you, keep up the good fight

Love,
Michael