Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Today is one month since they admited mom into the hospital and I am very disappointed to report that the doctor will not be releasing her before Thanksgiving. I asked him if she could at least be let out for a couple of hours on Thanksgiving day and he told me that he couldn't do that because he would have to discharge her and then re-admit her and overall he felt like she is much better off staying in the hospital for right now. I can understand that....she has been a very sick lady. He did say that she will more then likely be out for Christmas though (well, goodness...I sure hope so!).
She has been getting frequent headaches...this morning being a bad migraine so he set up another MRI of her brain today. Hopefully that comes back good. Eating is still a major concern. He said that he will probably feed her through the IV starting tomorrow...I'm assuming he meant TPN, but that is nothing more then an assumption. He wants to go ahead and start the 2nd round of Chemo asap even with the other stuff still going on. I think that will probably happen this week as well. I will continue to update as I know more.

Until next time...
Love to all!
Jeannie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you won't be able to go home to be with your family on Thanksgiving! I hope that they all bring the feast to you so you can spend the day with the ones who love you the most! Stay positive, keep fighting and know I am praying for you always!

Stacie :-)

monica said...

We were all thinking of you today, and wishing you well.
Love.
Monica